Russian Journal of Surgery
OAO Izdatelstvo Meditsina
Launch Year: 1996
Frequency: 6 issues per year
The Russian Journal of Surgery is a multidisciplinary journal that focuses on modern achievements in almost all areas of surgical specialties, including general and specialty surgery. It discusses issues related to teaching surgical history and provides information on the work of major surgery centers in Russia and the rest of the world. The main sections of the journal are “Research Centers and Schools of Medical Thought”, “Reviews”, “Lectures”, “Archives of Surgery”, “How It’s Done”, “New Surgical Technologies”, “Information for Recent Graduates”, and “History of Surgery”.
The journal is intended for a wide spectrum of surgeons and allied health professionals.
The journal is following publishing and journal best practices of these organizations:
- Association of science editors and publishers (ASEP) (http://rasep.ru)
- Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE) (publicationethics.org)
- International Committee of Medical Journal Editors (ICMJE) (www.icmje.org)
- Council of Scientific Editors (CSE) (www.councilscienceeditors.org)
- National Information Standards Organization (NISO) (www.niso.org/workrooms/piej)