CASE OF LEFT AND RIGHT ATRIAL GIANT SARCOMA EXCISION
Primary tumor of the heart is very rare disease, the frequency of which, according to the operations and autopsies, is 0.3 to 0.7% of all cardiac tumors. Of these, 75% are presented by benign growths, and remaining 25% - by malignant growths. In this clinical observation the 65 years old patient was hospitalized in Bakoulev Scientific Center for Cardiovascular Surgery with the circulatory failure in small and large circles, complaints about the expressed shortness of breath with minimal exertion, sometimes at rest, swelling of the face, lower and upper extremities. According to instrumental research methods, multiple right and left atrial growths were revealed that created the obstruction of the atrioventricular holes on both sides. Surgery removal of tumors of the left and right atrials, suture annuloplasty of the mitral and tricuspid valves were performed, as well as plasty of the atrial walls defects with a patch from xenopericardial band. Histological examination of the material showed that the tumor was a sarcoma. On the 10th day the patient was discharged in satisfactory condition. Even with the lack of reliable data for the malignant character of the formation before the operation, if there is a violation of intracardiac hemodynamics, surgical intervention with the removal of the tumor has good immediate results.
About the authorsBockeria L.A.
Petrosyan Andrey Davidovich
Leja M.J., Shah D.J., Reardon M.J. Primary cardiac tumors. Tex. Heart Inst. J. 2011; 38 (3): 261-2.
Sharma A., Dixit S., Sharma M., Sharma N., Sharma O. Primary synovial cell sarcoma of the heart: a rare case. Heart Views. 2015; 16 (2): 62-4. DOI: 10.4103/1995-705X.159223
Abu Saleh W.K., Al Jabbari O., Ramlawi B., Bruckner B.A., Loebe M., Reardon M.J. Case report: cardiac tumor resection and repair with porcine xenograft. Methodist Debakey Cardiovasc. J. 2016; 12 (2): 116-8. DOI: 10.14797/mdcj-12-2-116
Ramlawi B., Leja M.J., Abu Saleh W.K., Al Jabbari O., Benjamin R., Ravi V. et al. Surgical treatment of primary cardiac sarcomas: review of a single-institution experience. Ann. Thorac. Surg. 2016; 101 (2): 698-702. DOI: 10.1016/j.athoracsur. 2015.07.087
Ferreira C., Martins D., Pereira R., Ribeiro H., Neves F., Mateus P. et al. Giant tumoral lesion in the left atrium: an uncommon case of undifferentiated cardiac sarcoma. Rev. Port. Cardiol. 2013; 32 (9): 713-6. DOI: 10.1016/j.repc.2012.12.014
- Refbacks are not listed
Контент доступен под лицензией Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.