Launch Year: 1996
Frequency: 6 issues per year
The journal publishes original articles and reviews that cover current achievements in the fields of clinical and experimental oncology as well as practical aspects of diagnosis and comprehensive treatment of malignant tumors. The journal offers insights into actual experience of cancer centers, discusses the current state of oncology research and practice outside Russia, and facilitates experience exchange. The journal also publishes medical news and material on the implementation of scientific discoveries, the most essential theoretical and practical issues, and the history of oncology.
The journal is aimed at a wide range of medical professionals: oncologists, surgeons, general practitioners, and public health officials focusing on the diagnosis and treatment of cancers.
The journal is following publishing and journal best practices of these organizations:
- Association of science editors and publishers (ASEP) (http://rasep.ru)
- Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE) (publicationethics.org)
- International Committee of Medical Journal Editors (ICMJE) (www.icmje.org)
- Council of Scientific Editors (CSE) (www.councilscienceeditors.org)
- National Information Standards Organization (NISO) (www.niso.org/workrooms/piej)