EPIDEMIOLOGICAL ASPECTS OF ENVIRONMENTAL PROBLEMS OF THE PRESENT
Now there is taken place forming of the new active risk factor contributing to the evolution of the epidemic process, namely, the technogenic environmental pollution as the manifestation of the scientific and technical progress which is closely connected with globalization processes. For the preservation of the own species for all history of the development, the human was to force to adapt to regular impact on the habitat of the negative natural factors promoting global changes of climatic conditions surrounding it. However, this feature cannot actively be shown to technogenic risk factors because this influence not only constantly changes, but also continuously increases at the expense of the constantly increasing number of the alien chemicals coming to the biosphere. Environmental pollution by industrial wastes results in significant differences in levels of the incidence of infectious diseases with its higher rates in territories of ecological trouble. Besides, in ecologically unfavorable conditions the instability of development of the epidemic process is revealed (shortening of long-term cycles and considerably bigger fluctuation band of incidence concerning the line of a trend in the years of its cyclical upswings). Technogenic pollution leads to a more severe clinical course of the infectious process, its longer duration, more frequent occurrence of complications, synchronization of process and lengthening of the convalescence period, promotes comorbidity formation. In ecologically unfavorable conditions the level of collective immunity against infections controlled with immune preventive measures in almost healthy children of school age is significantly lower, than in comparison group, which reduces the epidemiological efficiency of vaccine prevention. In the urbanized territories also a change of degree of pathogenicity takes place due to an increase in resistance of pathogens to antibacterial drugs that provide infections advantage for more wide circulation and promotes the growth of infectious pathology. All above-stated has allowed concretizing in the presented review its purpose as displays of an infectious pathology on organismal and population levels in the conditions of technogenic environmental contamination.
About the authorsSavilov Evgeny D.
1. Rakhmanin Yu.A., Mikhaylova R.I. Environment and health: priorities of preventive medicine. Gigiena i sanitariya [Hygiene and Sanitation, Russian journal]. 2014; 93 (5): 5–10. (in Russian)
2. Simonova I.N., Antonyuk M.V. Role of technogenic pollution of the air environment in development of bronchopulmonary pathology. Zdorov’e. Meditsinskaya ekologiya. Nauka. 2015; 1 (59): 14–20. (in Russian)
3. Vyalkov A.I., Bobrovnitskiy I.P., Rakhmanin Yu.A., Razumov A.N. Ways of improvement of the organization of health care in the conditions of the growing environmental challenges of safety of life and to health of the population. Rossijskij zhurnal vosstanovitel’noj mediciny. [Russian Journal of Rehabilitation Medicine]. 2017; 1: 24–41. (in Russian)
4. Rakhmanin Yu.A., Levanchuk A.V., Kopytenkova O.I. Improvement of a system of social and hygienic monitoring of territories of the large cities. Gigiena i sanitariya [Hygiene and Sanitation, Russian journal]. 2017; 96 (4): 298–301. (in Russian)
5. Savilov E.D., Kolesnikov S.I., Krasovskiy G.N. Infection and technogenic pollution: approaches to management of epidemic process [Infektsiya i tekhnogennoye zagryazneniye: podkhody k upravleniyu epidemicheskim protsessom]. Novosibirsk: Nauka; 1996. 192 p. (in Russian)
6. Savilov E.D., Il’ina S.V., Briko N.I. Manifestations of infectious incidence in the conditions of ecological trouble. Epidemiologiya i infektsionnye bolezni. 2009; 5: 34–8. (in Russian)
7. Savilov E.D., Il’ina S.V. Infectious pathology in the conditions of technogenic environmental pollution: kliniko-epidemiological researches [Infektsionnaya patologiya v usloviyakh tekhnogennogo zagryazneniya okruzhayushchey sredy: kliniko-epidemiologicheskiye issledovaniya]. Novosibirsk: Nauka; 2010. 247 p. (in Russian)
8. Savilov E.D. Evolution of epidemic process in modern conditions. Vestnik RAMN. 2011; (3): 14–8. (in Russian)
9. Savilov E.D., Anganova E.V., Stepanenko L.A., Il’ina S.V. Technogenic environmental pollution and health of the population: analysis of a situation and forecast. Gigiena i sanitariya [Hygiene and Sanitation, Russian journal]. 2016; (6): 507–12. (in Russian)
10. Briko N.I., Pokrovskiy V.I. Globalization and epidemic process. Epidemiologiya i infektsionnye bolezni. 2010; (4): 4–10. (in Russian)
11. Pokrovskiy V.I., Briko N.I. Infectious diseases during a globalization era. Vestnik RAMN. 2010; (11): 6–11. (in Russian)
12. Briko N.I., Onishchenko G.G., Pokrovskiy V.I. The guide to epidemiology of infectious diseases (in 2 volumes) [Rukovodstvo po epidemiologii infektsionnykh bolezney (v 2 t.)]. Moscow: MIA; 2019. 1648 p. (in Russian)
13. Savilov E.D., Kolesnikov S.I., Briko N.I. Comorbidity in epidemiology – a new trend in researches of public health. ZhMEI. 2016; (4): 66–75. (in Russian)
14. Shkarin V.V., Blagonravova A.S. Epidemiological features of the combined infections [Epidemiologicheskiye osobennosti sochetannykh infektsiy]. Nizhniy Novgorod: NGMA; 2017. (in Russian)
15. Feinstein A.R. Pre-therapeutic classification of co-morbidity in chronic disease. J Chron Dis. 1970; 23 (7): 455–68.
16. Vertkin A.L., Rumyantsev M.A., Skotnikov A.S. Comorbidity. Klinicheskaya meditsina. 2012; 90 (10): 4–11.
17. Vladimirov N.I. [Epidemiologiya vnutribol’nichnykh infektsiy (kontseptsiya sanitarno-epidemiologicheskogo nadzora)]. Irkutsk: RIO GU NTs RVKh VSNTs SO RAMN; 2003. (in Russian)
18. Savilov E.D., Semechkina V.S., Zorkal’tseva E.Yu., Astaf’ev V.A., Lenskiy E.V. Epidemiological and clinical manifestations of tuberculosis in the conditions of technogenic environmental pollution [Epidemiologicheskiye i klinicheskiye proyavleniya tuberkuleza v usloviyakh tekhnogennogo zagryazneniya okruzhayushchey sredy]. Irkutsk: RIO GBOU DPO IGMAPO; 2012. 124 p. (in Russian)
19. Rakhmanin Yu.A., Ivanova L.V., Artemova T.Z., Zagaynova A.V., Gipp E.K., Nedachin A.E. et al. Activity of microorganisms and parasitic pathogens in the conditions of chemical pollution of water of superficial reservoirs. Gigiena i sanitariya [Hygiene and Sanitation, Russian journal]. 2017; 96 (10): 956–60. (in Russian)
20. Bukharin O.V., Usvyatsov B.Ya. Bacterial carriage (medico-ecological aspect) [Bakterionositel’stvo (mediko-ekologicheskiy aspekt)]. Ekaterinburg: UrO RAN; 1996. 206 p. (in Russian)
21. Bukharin O.V., Zverev A.F., Kaptashova O.L., Kirgizova S.B. Forecasting of development of diseases of respiratory organs in the children living on tekhnogenno the polluted territories. Gigiena i sanitariya [Hygiene and Sanitation, Russian journal]. 2010; 6: 76–8. (in Russian)
22. Bukharin O.V., Litvin V.Yu. Pathogenic bacteria in natural ecosystems [Patogennyye bakterii v prirodnykh ekosistemakh]. Ekaterinburg: UrO RAN; 1997. 277 p. (in Russian)
23. Guseva T.M., Evdokimova O.V., Kanina I.V. Microorganisms are biological indicators of safety of objects of the external environment. Nauchnaya zhizn’. 2017; 11: 120–7. (in Russian)
Для цитирования: Савилов Е.Д., Брико Н.И., Колесников С.И. Эпидемиологические аспекты экологических проблем современности. Гигиена и санитария. 2020; 99 (2): 134-139. DOI: https://dx.doi.org/10.33029/0016-9900-2020-99-2-134-139
For citation: Savilov E.D., Briko N.I., Kolesnikov S.I. Epidemiological aspects of environmental problems of the present. Gigiena i Sanitaria (Hygiene and Sanitation, Russian journal). 2020; 99(2): 134-139. (In Russ.). DOI: https://dx.doi.org/10.33029/0016-9900-2020-99-2-134-139
- Refbacks are not listed
Контент доступен под лицензией Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.
ISSN: 0016-9900 (Print)